Our promises: rehousing
- Work with the Council to provide an effective advice and guidance service for rehousing applicants
What we've delivered: rehousing
- The opening of St Alban’s House provided a single point of access to all customers. From here the Customer Experience and Homeless teams are able to offer a comprehensive level of customer service.
- The implementation of a new IT system gave customers full online access to register applications through a streamlined application process. This reduced the time required to process applications. It also improved the advertising of homes available and enabled customers to log in and view their progress.
- Following registration, all housing applicants were contacted to discuss options and requirements with the Homeless team to help prevent homelessness cases.
- The development of Income Support team and subsequent formation of New Tenant team provided information and guidance to prospective tenants on acceptance of an offer. We offered specialist help and support where required prior to tenancy commencement as well as resettlement support for up to two weeks after move in.
- There was a comprehensive review of empty homes and the development of an Empty Homes panel to help ensure all empty properties are returned to use within our 30 day target.
- Reduction in empty homes from 500 in January 2014 to 224 in January 17.
Some of our highlights: rehousing
- Implemented a new IT system to improve the speed and ease to use for customers and those we work with.
- Developed the skills and knowledge of the Income Support and New Talent teams to be better placed to improved services for tenants and Members.
- Achieved a reduction of 250 in empty homes for 2015-6 and a further reduction of 250 empty homes in 2016-17.
Your Most Memorable Moments
Getting involved in our celebrations
In April, May and June we'll be sharing with you what we're done to keep the 50 promises we made when we took over ownership of the homes formerly owned by the Council. We’ll post information online and via social media and invite you to send in your ‘Most Memorable Moments’ (your MMMs) of the past five years.
Your most memorable moment might be something that was life changing - like moving into your home or starting work for RBH. It might be something that had a big impact: new kitchen or bathroom or meeting a new neighbour or colleague. It may be something that was difficult: the floods last Christmas spring to mind or an emergency repair. It might be equally be something very simple.
We want to know what stands out in your memory. We want to hear your stories. We will add your MMM comments and photos to each promise to create an online album to share everyone’s experiences. We will showcase the album at our “All Together” Annual Members Meeting on 12 September.
As an added bonus, everyone who submits a memory will be entered into a draw to win £200 in shopping vouchers!