RBH is delighted that our members chose to support Alzheimer's Research UK as our Members Charity for 2018 and 2020.
One in three children born today will develop dementia in their lifetime and our community in Rochdale borough currently has over 1,419 people living with dementia – the leading cause of death in the UK. But we can change the future. We’ve seen research transform treatments for conditions like cancer. Now we need to do the same for dementia.
- £12 buys vital chemicals for laboratory research
- £20 funds one hour of world class research
- £50 provides access to specialist equipment for studying cells
- £60 funds access to complex cell analysis equipment
Let's get behind Alzheimer's Research UK and help make breakthroughs possible! There are many brilliant ideas available on their website to get involved, from fun and innovatibe fundraising activities to volunteering opportunities. For the energetic there's marathons, half marathons and fun runs. Or, perhaps you fancy a sponsored parachure jump? RBH may be able to support you by covering entry fees. There's also lots more easy-going opportunities such as:
- Joining an Event squad - handing out cups of tea to thirsty participants, registering people as they arrive, running or stall or signposting the route.
- Cheer Squad - giving runners and cyclists a vital boost when they need it most.
- Collection Crew - dressed in the charity's purple T-shirt and carrying a collection bucket you could be at events from Premier League football matches to celebrity pantomimes and pop concerts.
Visit our donations page to see all the activities and events our tenants and employees have held or taken part in and how much we have raised so far – and to make a donation yourself if you like. Or, you could organise organise your own event or activity. We'd love to hear your ideas and plans. Call the Membership Team on 0800 027 7769 (option 7) to keep us in the loop and have a chat about how we could support you.
RBH colleagues can also choose to make a regular monthly tax free donation from their salary. This means that for every £1 you donate the charity will receive £1.20 (with the tax man picking up the bill for the 20p per £). If you want to know more just ask the HR team.