RBH working together with Alzheimer's Research UK
At our Annual Members Meeting on Tuesday 11th September 2018, RBH members voted to support Alzheimer's Research UK as our members charity for 2018-2020.
One in three children born today will develop dementia in their lifetime. Our community in Rochdale borough has over 1,419 people living with dementia – the leading cause of death in the UK. But we can change the future. We’ve seen research transform treatments for conditions like cancer. Now we need to do the same for dementia.
- £12 buys vital chemicals for laboratory research.
- £20 funds one hour of world class research.
- £50 provides access to specialist equipment for studying cells.
- £60 funds access to complex cell analysis equipment.
Let's get behind Alzheimer's Research UK and help make breakthroughs possible! There are many brilliant ideas available on their website to get involved, from fun and innovatibe fundraising activities to volunteering opportunities. For the energetic there's the Greater Manchester Marathon, half Marathon and 10k runs in April and May. Or, perhaps you fancy a sponsored parachure jump? RBH may be able to support you by covering entry fees. There's also lots more easy-going opportunities such as:
- Joining an Event squad - handing out cups of tea to thirsty participants on their Big Walk, registering people as they arrive, running or stall or signposting the route.
- Cheer Squad - Giving the runners and cyclists a vital boost when they need it most.
- Collection Crew - Dressed in the charity's purple T-shirt and carrying a collection bucket you could be at events from Premier League football matches to celebrity pantomimes and pop concerts.
Click here to donate to Alzheimer's Research UK or why don't you organise your own event or activity. We'd love to hear your ideas and plans. Call the Membership Team on 0800 027 7769 (option 7) to keep us in the loop and have a chat about how we could support you.
RBH colleagues can also choose to make a regular monthly tax free donation from their salary. This means that for every £1 you donate the charity will receive £1.20 (with the tax man picking up the bill for the 20p per £). If you want to know more just ask the HR team.
Our members charity 2016-18
From September 2016 until September 2018, RBH members supported Rochdale & District Mind as our nominated member charity. Our tenant and employee members raised over £13,000 over the two years, but our partnership was about much more than just fundraising - take a look at our video to find out more!