We welcome feedback, good or bad, on any of the services we provide and commit to using it to improve our services. Therefore, when things go wrong, we will provide advice and support and get them resolved as quickly as possible.
Getting your feedback to the right place
Particularly if you are letting us know about something which has gone wrong, we want to make sure that your feedback goes to the right place so that we can start putting things right immediately.
- If you are having problems with your neighbour or another resident living in your neighbourhood, please go to Anti Social Behaviour
- If you are wanting us to review a decision about your housing application, please go to Find a Home, for more information.
- For anything else please follow the guidance below.
How to provide us with feedback
- Go online – Click here
- By phone – 0800 027 7769
- By post – Customer Feedback Team, St Alban’s House, Drake Street, Rochdale OL16 1UQ
What information you need to provide
- What your feedback is (include here any reference numbers you might have, details of employees you have spoken to, dates, times etc.)
- What you would like to see happen next and your name and address.
- Your phone number and/or email address and information about the best way and time to contact you.
What happens next?
We will always try to resolve your complaint in the first instance over the telephone but if this is not possible, and we need time to look at it, we will pass it to our Complaints Investigators. They will acknowledge that we have received your complaint with 2 working days and will aim to provide you with a full response within 10 working days. If they can’t get back to you within that time, they will explain why and tell you how long it will take.
If, after we have investigated your complaint, you are still not happy you can ask us to progress to Stage 2 - Review. This review will be done by a Senior Manager or a Head of Service. They will undertake a detailed review and investigation to ensure your complaint has been handled in a fair and appropriate manner and a written response will be provided to you within 15 working days.
Designated Person or the Independent Housing Ombudsman
If you remain dissatisfied with the way we have handled your complaint you can ask a designated person to review your complaint. This can be your MP or local Councillor or our Complaints Panel made up of RBH tenants. Alternatively you can go direct to the Independent Housing Ombudsman.
A list of MPs can be found at www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps.
Housing Ombudsman Address:
Housing Ombudsman Service,
PO Box 152,
Telephone: 0300 111 3000 (lines are open Monday - Friday from 9:15 - 17:15)
Complaints Processing Privacy Noticecomplaints-processing-privacy-notice.pdf
RBH Complaints Policyrbh-complaints-policy.pdf
Housing Ombudsman Complaint Handling Codehousing-ombudsman-complaint-handling-code.pdf