At RBH, our main priority is the safety of our tenants and employees.
From Friday 23rd October, the Borough of Rochdale is in "tier three" - the highest risk level. Visit the Rochdale Council website to read all the latest local and national guidance about Covid-19.
You can find all the latest information relating to the coronavirus outbreak and how that may affect you in the tool below.
Simply choose from the topics presented on the left, and you'll see a number of queries with helpful information and links to other pages and sites that can help.
Thank you for your support during this difficult time.
Together, we'll get through this.
Choose a category
- I think I have COVID-19 symptoms. What should I do?
- I'm feeling lonely and would like some help
- I'm worried about family, friends or my neighbours
- I'm feeling anxious about COVID-19
Choose a category
- Will you still attend my scheduled appointment?
- Can I still raise repair issues for my home?
- I'm self-isolating: will you still attend my appointment?
- I need to raise an emergency repair
Choose a category
- What should I do if I can't pay my rent?
- What happens if I miss a payment due to COVID-19?
- I need help claiming benefits
Choose a category
- I need help with food or medical supplies
Choose a category
- What are RBH doing to help stop the spread of the virus?
Choose a Topic from the list on the left
Choose a Category from the list to the left
We know that many customers will be concerned about how the outbreak of coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, could affect you and the services that you receive from RBH. Our top priority will always be the health of our tenants and employees.
Health and Safety advice
RBH Service Updates
Closures and reopenings
- St Alban’s House customer centre is closed.
- The Strand Hub is closed - separate arrangements have been made for the Kirkholt Pantry.
- Communal areas at our Independent Living Schemes are closed.
- Visit our town centre website for the latest information about the concierge service at College Bank.
- RBH play areas have now reopened in line with Government guidance - please continue to use these areas safely in line with the latest health advice.
- If you are worried about your finances, please download our Money Advice FAQ or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our HomeChoice lettings service is operating fully with some viewings arranged remotely. You can contact HomeChoice by e-mail at email@example.com
Alternatively, you can contact us by calling Freephone 0800 027 7769 - your patience is appreciated as we are expecting higher call volumes than usual.
Repairs Service Latest News
Work on non-urgent repairs resumed on Monday 15th June. Please note that we will only do so where it is safe - if you are shielding or have symptoms of coronavirus, you must let our team know so that we can reschedule your appointment.We will be contacting customers who have logged a job during the lockdown period to arrange appointments.
Routine repairs include:
- Electric shower not working
- Fencing repair (for safety & security)
- Faulty smoke alarm
- Kitchen or bathroom light faulty
For emergency repairs, we will aim to attend appointments within 24 hours to ensure the safety of our employees and most vulnerable tenants. We recognise that these repairs are emergencies and will continue to prioritise, however at peak periods there might be a slight delay.
Emergency repairs are as follows:
- Gas – no heat/no hot water
- Electrical – no power/partial loss of power
- Joinery – insecure property
- Plumbing – uncontained leak/blocked toilet if the only toilet in the property
- Alarm team – communal doors and alarm activations
- Drainage – any blocked toilets/drains/baths at Freehold/Falinge/College Bank. Sewage from external drains.
To report an emergency repair, please ring 0800 027 7769, press option 1 and a customer service advisor will deal with your call.
For all other repairs, you can repair via the following methods:
- Our online form
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call on 0800 027 7769
We may ask you a few more questions than usual. This is to ensure that we are directing resources to the customers who require the most urgent assistance. Please be assured that we will deal with your repairs as quickly and safely as possible.
If you are self-isolating because you or a member of your household is unwell or has developed symptoms of coronavirus or you are considered vulnerable with an underlying health condition, you must tell us if you are reporting a repair. Please be honest with our team if they ask you any questions about coronavirus as we try to keep our tenants and employees safe and healthy - and thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding.
Local Employment Support
We understand that many people living in our communities will have been affected by COVID-19. If you are looking for employment-related support and live in Rochdale Borough, you can contact Rochdale Local Authority’s Work & Skills Team for support.
The team offer a one-stop service and can help with:
- Job Matching Service and current job vacancies available during the crisis
- Information about support for small businesses and self–employed
- General benefit advice (see also RBH help with benefits support)
- Information and access to online courses and virtual learning opportunities
- Virtual appointments with the National Careers Service
- Coaching and resilience support and action planning
- Links to local services and programmes giving more intensive support
- Bilingual staff and English classes for people with little or no English
The team can be contacted via telephone 01706 926657 or email email@example.com. You can also make contact via the Get Rochdale Working Facebook page which includes regular job vacancies, updates about training and details of other support services available.
RBH Work and Skills Support
RBH are continuing to recruit for key roles during this crisis. Please visit our jobs page to see all the available vacancies.
If you would like to receive regular updates from us about any upcoming RBH job vacancies and our work and skills activities including ongoing support available across the borough during the COVID-19 crisis, please register to receive our Work and Skills Newsletter here.
What steps are you taking to keep communal areas safe?
We know how important good hygiene is to restricting the spread of coronavirus, and so members of our Neighbourhood Environment Team will increase the frequency of cleaning in communal areas, including at our independent living schemes.
What if I am unable to work due to coronavirus and I am not able to pay my rent?
We know that this will be a particularly challenging time for many residents. If you are an RBH tenant who is worried about your finances, please get in touch with us on freephone 0800 027 7769 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a team of experienced advisors – the sooner you call, the quicker they will be able to advise you. If you are sick, caring for others, or cannot work for another reason due to coronavirus, we can discuss how we might be able to help you through this difficult time.
We have also produced a list of frequently asked questions about the support available, especially if you are applying to claim Universal Credit or other support: Please see our Coronavirus Benefit Advice