This course is accredited by The Food Standard Agency.
Upon completion of this training learners will sit a test and on successful completion, will receive an Accredited Level 2 Certificate in Food Safety and Hygiene meeting the legal training required, which must then be applied to work situations, and volunteering opportunities when handling food on RBH projects.The training and test usually take between 4 to 5 hours to complete (depending on learning speed), which is equivalent to 6 hours face-to-face group training. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, the test paper consists of 13 multiple choice questions.
On completion of this course learners should understand:
- Why food hygiene and safety is important
- Their personal and legal responsibilities
- The impact of food borne illness
- How food becomes contaminated
- How to prevent contamination through good hygiene practices
- How to control contamination through safe temperatures and storage
- How to control food safety hazards at critical control points using a HACCP based Food Safety Management System
Future Training Dates
Location: The Strand Hub, 17 The Strand, Kirkholt Rochdale OL11 2JG
- Monday 13th June