Rachel was referred into the Re-connect project in August 2020, after being made redundant during the Coronavirus pandemic. In October, Rachel had an interview for the Cancer Research Charity Shop in Rochdale, and then a trial day, before being told she had secured herself a job!
Rachel - RBH Tenant
How can the Re-connect program help me?
This programme offers friendly 1: 1 ongoing support to help support you into employment, self-employment, training or volunteering through:
- Job searching, CV preparation and application support,
- Coaching to prepare for digital recruitment activities including online digital interviews and assessments,
- Skills development and confidence building sessions,
- Help to access training, qualifications or specialist local services so you can take the next step
To be eligible for the programme you must:
- Be 16 or over and resident in Greater Manchester
- Be unemployed, economically inactive or at risk of redundancy
- Be legally resident within the UK and able to take up employment within the EU
- Living in an RBH property
Back in October 2020, RBH tenant Morgan was referred to the Covid 19 Re-connect programme after losing her job as Textile Designer. Morgan is now receiving 6 months support for individuals starting their own businesses and is hoping to launch her own business and design label in 2021.
Morgan- RBH Tenant