Rachel was referred into the Step Ahead Employment Programme in August 2020, after being made redundant during the Coronavirus pandemic. In October, Rachel had an interview for the Cancer Research Charity Shop in Rochdale, and then a trial day, before being told she had secured herself a job!
Rachel - RBH Tenant
How can the Step ahead program help me?
This programme offers friendly 1: 1 ongoing support to help support you into employment, self-employment, training or volunteering through:
- Job searching, CV preparation and application support,
- Coaching to prepare for digital recruitment activities including online digital interviews and assessments,
- Skills development and confidence building sessions,
- Help to access training, qualifications or specialist local services so you can take the next step
To be eligible for the programme you must:
- Be 16 or over and resident in Greater Manchester
- Be unemployed, economically inactive or at risk of redundancy
- Be legally resident within the UK and able to take up employment within the EU
- Living in an RBH property
Back in October 2020, RBH tenant Morgan was referred to the Step Ahead Employment Programme after losing her job as Textile Designer. Morgan is now receiving 6 months support for individuals starting their own businesses and is hoping to launch her own business and design label in 2021.
Morgan- RBH Tenant