Welcome to independent living with support
Our Independent Living with Support schemes are ideal for people aged 60 or over who can manage in their own home but who may need a little help to stay independent.
We are accredited with the Centre for Housing and Support Code of Practice, a nationally recognised framework which ensures a high quality service.
In addition, our service has also been accredited with a level A in the Quality Assessment Framework.
About our independent living schemes
Most of our schemes have between 25 - 35 individual flats and bungalows providing a real community feel while also guaranteeing your privacy whenever you want it.
What facilities are available?
All our independent schemes come with the following facilities for your safety and comfort:
- Bedroom, lounge area, kitchen and bathroom / wet room
- Electric cookers
- Central heating
- Modern warden call equipment
- 24-hour warden and alarm service
- High-tech equipment to meet your individual needs
- Camera-monitored door entry systems
- Fully-integrated fire alarm system linked directly to the fire service
- Shared lounge and laundry room
Is Independent Living with Support right for you?
- Independent Living with Support is not a nursing or care home and unfortunately it is not the right option if you need full-time care or support
- Independent Living with Support may be the right option if you need some assistance to help you live independently
- All tenants have their own flat or bungalow
- There is a scheme manager available within the schemes, Monday to Friday, to ensure the safety of the tenants who live there
- When the scheme manager is not on site, a Control Centre, which is manned 24-hours-a-day, ensures the safety of tenants
- Our community support team work 24 hours a day to provide a rapid response service if tenants need assistance
- Modern technology is used to ensure the safety of tenants eg flood detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and exit sensors
- Many independent schemes have a range of activities arranged by the tenants with the help of the warden. These may include coffee mornings, trips out and lunches
- Many schemes also have walk-in showers, car parking and gardens while some have specialist assistive bathing facilities