As you will be aware, the Government have announced that a new nationwide lockdown will come into force from this Thursday, 5th November, until Wednesday 2nd December. I want to let you know about the impact of the new restrictions on RBH services. Our number one priority remains the health and wellbeing of our tenants, customers, and employees – please continue to follow all local and national guidance.
RBH service update
- We have put in place clear procedures for our Repairs Team to enable them to work safely during the pandemic. We will continue to schedule appointments as normal during lockdown, although this will be kept under regular review. There continues to be a national shortage of some materials that our teams need, and we are very grateful for your patience and understanding as our team continue to work in challenging conditions.
- Please note that we will only arrange appointments where it is safe to do so - if you are self-isolating or have symptoms of coronavirus, you must let our team know so that we can reschedule your appointment.
- Our team will continue to make appointments for essential safety checks in your home. These are extremely important and help to keep your home safe.
- Our HomeChoice lettings service will continue with our safety procedures in place, including digital viewings and sign-up where possible.
- Our Neighbourhood Environment Team continue to implement an enhanced cleaning rota for communal areas in RBH neighbourhoods, with a particular focus on high-touch areas such as handrails and door handles.
- To keep residents and employees safe, we are introducing some additional restrictions at our independent living schemes and at our extra care scheme, Hare Hill. Only essential visitors will be allowed into schemes. We are contacting residents directly with further details.
- The RBH Paint Shop will close to the public from Thursday but will continue to provide a doorstep delivery service for RBH tenants. Our “Pass It On” scheme will continue to provide safe doorstep deliveries.
- Play areas will remain open – please observe all social distancing guidance.
- Pantry services will remain open as normal.
- Our Money Advice Team are on hand to offer free advice to any RBH tenants who need support. Please email them on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Freephone 0800 027 7769.
- The local support helpline for coronavirus is on 01706 923685. You can also send a text to 07860 022 876. The helpline is organised by Rochdale Council and can provide support, help, and advice, as well as access to essential supplies for those who need it.
Don’t forget that you can access RBH services 24/7 via our portal at www.myrbh.org.uk. You can also contact us on Freephone 0800 027 7769 or by email to email@example.com.
Finally, I want to remind you that the latest RBH job vacancies are available on the jobs page of our website, including our four new apprenticeship vacancies which are reserved for RBH tenants and people living in RBH homes.
RBH Chief Executive