Our policies and procedures underpin the way services are run to ensure that we operate in an open and honest way and meet the needs of our tenants. We are looking for Policy Reviewers to ensure we have tenant insight where we need it the most. Sound interesting?
What’s involved in this role?
- Reviewing policies and procedures that impact tenants before they go to Policy Board for approval
- Having the opportunity to scrutinise policies with the Review Lead to ensure it meets customers’ needs
- Reading through policies in the most appropriate format for you
What skills and knowledge are needed to be a Policy Reviewer?
- An interest in shaping RBH services
- The ability to scrutinise policies to ensure we are inclusive for all tenants
- Confidence to give constructive feedback to Leaders and Managers
How much time will it take?
You can do as much or as little as you like. There might be some documents that take longer to read than others, or times when we might ask you to help out at short notice. However, you can be a Policy Reviewer from the comfort of your own home at a time that suits you. We will aim to have a virtual meeting once every three months but if you’d rather feedback over email or phone, then you can do that too.
What if I change my mind?
We understand that circumstances change and it might become difficult for you to become involved in engagement exercises. We appreciate your time, however much of it you can give us.
I’m keen – what next?
If you are interested in becoming a Policy Reviewer, we are holding our first meeting on Tuesday 18th May from 10am-11:30am.
The first two policies that we will be reviewing are: the Hoarding Policy and our Aids & Adaptations Policy. If you would like to get involved, please Register Here.
If you’d just like to find out a bit more or if you can’t make the first session but are keen to be involved in future sessions, please contact a member of our Customer Engagement team at firstname.lastname@example.org.