You can find out all about our neighbourhoods in North Rochdale by selecting them on the tabs below.
Here you can stay up to date with the latest news for North Rochdale!
Find out more about each area on the tabs below!
- Bellshill & Cloverhall
- Greave & Spotland
- Hamer & Wardleworth
- Mayfield & St Anns
- Syke & Shawclough
Cloverhall and Bellshill are located in the Smallbridge and Firgrove ward of Rochdale. The neighbourhood consists of approx 158 homes on Cloverhall and 128 homes on Bellshill. The majority of the homes in this area are made up of two and three-bedroomed semi-detached houses.
The neighbourhood is next to the main bus route on Albert Royds Street and Smithybridge train station is just one mile away.
Bellshill and Cloverhall also benefit from:
- A local play area on Cloverhall that caters for children of all ages from infants to teenagers.
- Morrisons supermarket that is located close to the estate as is the Kingsway Retail Park, that hosts a variety of shops and food outlets.
- Primary and secondary schools nearby (within walking distance).
- Nearby Doctors and Dentist Practice called The Croft Shifa Health Centre on Belfield Road. The nearest hospital is the Rochdale Infirmary which is only 1.1 miles away.
- The local Job Centre is located in the town centre.
Brotherod consists of approximately 300 homes. The area is part of a bus route giving easy access to Rochdale town centre and local amenities.
Brotherod also benefits from:
- Several shops nearby on Rooley Moor Road including a Co-op. ASDA Rochdale Superstore and Aldi on Mellor Street are only 1.1 miles away.
- Multiple local play areas including Ings Lane, the rear of Daniel Fold and Denehusrt Park which are all maintained by Rochdale Council.
- A number of local primary schools, including Meanwood Community nursery and primary school, St Vincents Primary School and Spotland Primary school. Falinge Park High School and Oulder Hill Community School are the closest secondary schools.
- Edenfield Road Surgery, Cutgate Shopping Precinct is the nearest GP practice.
- Spotland Library, Ings Lane offers lots of activities to do for all the family. The local scout group can also be found on Spotland Road, Rochdale.
- The local Job Centre is located at 2 Fleece Street, Rochdale Town Centre OL161LT.
Cutgate consists of approx 184 homes with four bus stops in the area that provide regular services into Rochdale and Bury. From Rochdale and Bury, you can access other routes in and around Greater Manchester.
Cutgate also benefits from:
- A play area at the rear of Cutgate Road which is council-owned.
- Cutgate has its own shopping precinct on Edenfield Road where you can find a Co-op, bakery, chemist, chip shop and pet shop. There is also a Co-op and sandwich shop on Rooley Moor Road which is a five-minute walk away.
- Cutgate has its own GP surgery situated on Cutgate Precinct.
- There are no schools directly in the Cutgate area but Caldershaw Primary, St Vincents Primary, Meanwood Primary and Oulder Hill High School are all within a ten-minute walk from Cutgate.
- Cutgate Baptist Church on Edenfield Road has a playgroup and parent/toddler classes.
- The local Job Centre is located on Fleece Street Rochdale – a two-minutes walk from Rochdale bus station.
Greave & Spotland are located in the North of Rochdale. The neighbourhood consists of approx. 340 homes.
Regular bus services including the 468, 842 and 887 run along Sandy Lane to Rochdale Town Centre. Rochdale Train station is located 2.3 miles away with regular trains running approx. every 20 mins into Manchester City Centre.
Greave and Spotland also benefit from:
- A kick pitch and children’s cycle area located on Denehurst Road.
- A small shopping precinct is located on Denehurst Road and several supermarkets are located in the area including Tesco, Aldi, Asda and Lidl.
- Local schools nearby including Caldershaw Primary, Oulderhill Secondary School, Bamford Community Primary and Bamford Academy.
- Several GP practises in the area including Dawes Family Practise, Ashworth Surgery and Nye Bevan House.
- The local Job Centre is located in Rochdale Town Centre.
Hamer and Wardleworth is within the Central Rochdale ward/electoral division. There are great transport links into Rochdale town centre with buses running every 5-7 minutes.
The nearest train station is Rochdale, only 1.2 miles away with frequent trains running into Manchester and Leeds city centres.
Hamer and Wardleworth also benefit from:
- A kick pitch which is owned and managed by RBH and local council-owned park falinge is a ten-minute walk away.
- Nearby shops and mini markets within walking distance, located on Halifax road. These offer a range of groceries as well as many fast-food takeaways. There is also an internet café, opticians and a post office.
- Ten local primary schools in a two-mile radius, with the nearest high school being Falinge Park high.
- The local Job Centre is located in Rochdale town centre.
- A number of GP surgeries in the vicinity, including Mark street surgery and Yorkshire street surgery. The local health centre is Croft Sheifa which also offers access to Doctors and Dentists. Rochdale infirmary is under a mile from the area.
Mayfield/St Anns is located in the Kingsway and Firgrove ward of Rochdale with good bus links to and from the town centre.
The main bus route is the 434 on Albert Royds Street. The nearest train station is in the Rochdale centre.
Mayfield and St Anns also benefit from:
- Morrisons supermarket which is within walking distance as well as the Kingsway Retail Park, with a variety of shops and food outlets.
- Multiple primary and secondary schools in the area.
- St Anns Church, located nearby and hosts coffee mornings and lots of other activities.
- Local GPs and dentists, located at the Croft Shifa Health Centre and the Kingsway Practice.
- The local Job Centre is located at the Rochdale Town Centre.
The neighbourhood consists of approx. 400 homes. A regular bus service 464 operates approx. every 15-minutes along Whitworth Road into Rochdale Town Centre.
Shawclough has regular bus services including 867, R3 and R13 running into the Town centre.
Syke Pond is a large communal recreational area owned by Rochdale Council.
Syke and Shawclough also benefit from:
- A nearby Tesco Express, located on Whitworth Road which is easily accessible to both areas. There are Aldi, Lidl, and Asda Supermarkets located in Rochdale Town Centre.
- Local schools in the area including Healey Primary School, Greenbank Primary School, Whitworth Community High and Falinge Park High.
- Local GP surgeries including Healey Surgery, Yorkshire street surgery and Nye Bevan House.
- The local Job Centre is located in Rochdale Town Centre.