- Ashbrook Hey
- Birch Community
- Holt and Bentgate
- Littleborough and Shore
- The Cray and Firgrove
Ashbrook Hey is located in the Smallbridge & Firgrove Ward of Rochdale. The majority of the homes in this area are made up of maisonettes.
The bus numbers 456/458 services the area and leaves from Rochdale interchange where you can pick up a tram to Manchester city centre or the 17 which also takes you into Manchester city centre. There is also a Train Station on Station Road. The trains run to Leeds and Manchester Victoria. You can also pick up the Metrolink here as well as Rochdale Centre.
Ashbrook Hey also benefits from:
- Being close to Rochdale town centre but also close to Littleborough centre and is 1.9 miles away from a village centre packed with individual local shops from butchers to cafes to gift shops, as well as fashion. There are also two well-known supermarkets there.
- Hare hill park is nearby which has something for all age groups, from a toddler play area to a bowling green.
- Hollingworth Lake is also close which has beautiful walks as well as play areas.
- A number of local schools to suit all denominations and good transport links to secondary schools. Hamer Community primary school, which is located on Albert Royds Street and St Patricks R.C primary school, which is on Foxholes Road, are in the catchment area for Ashbrook Hey. Wardle Academy is the local high school.
- Local GPs including Mark Street Surgery on 2 Mark Street and Healey Surgery 426 Whitworth Road along with Dr Ahmed on Yorkshire Street.
- The local Job Centre is located at 2 Fleeces Street, Rochdale and is open daily to 5:00 pm.
Birch is located in the Pennine Township of Rochdale. The neighbourhood consists of approximately 320 homes that are largely made up of houses and then flats.
Transport: Bus 458
Nearest train station: Smithybridge
Birch Community also benefits from:
- A play area located on Green Meadow/Birch View which is managed by RBH and one on Birch Road which is managed by RBC.
- Convenience stores that can be found on Halifax Road with the nearest supermarkets in Rochdale Town Centre.
- A library which is on Birch Road that also hosts a ‘Blokes Afternoon’ every Friday 1:30-16:00pm.
- Watergrove Reservoir which is closeby in Wardle.
- Local schools include Wardle Academy, Birch Road, OL12 9RD, Meadows School, Wardle Road, OL12 9EN, Egerton House School, Wardle Road, OL12 9EN, St Andrew’s C of E Primary School, Union Road, OL12 9QA and Kentmere Primary School, Kings Grove, OL12 9HR.
- Local GPs include Pennine Surgery, Featherstall Road, OL15 8HF, Mark St Surgery, Mark St, OL12 9BE and Croft Shifa Health Centre, Belfield Road, OL16 2UY.
- The Rochdale Job Centre is located on 2 Fleece St, OL16 1LT.
Holt & Bentgate are located in the Milnrow and Newhey Ward of Rochdale. The majority of the homes in this area are made up of three-bedroomed houses.
These neighbourhoods have excellent transport links for motorway M62 and the tram which stops at Milnrow, this means you can be in Manchester City centre in under 50 minutes. The 58 bus takes you into Rochdale Town Centre.
Holt and Bentgate also benefit from:
- A children’s play area on the Bentgate neighbourhood which is managed by RBH, along with lots of open space on both neighbourhoods. A little further afield there is Littleborough with the lake and amusement arcades. There are also play areas and beautiful walks to explore.
- Local Doctors surgeries which include Stonefield St surgery, Milnrow village practice and the Kingsway practice.
- Two main supermarkets that are located in Milnrow and include Aldi and the Co-op as well as a few independent shops.
- Local primary schools nearby, including Milnrow Parish church of England school and Crossgates Primary School. The nearest senior schools are Kingsway Park High school and Wardle Academy.
Littleborough & Shore are located in the north east of the borough. The neighbourhood consists of approx. 550 homes and are made up of two and three-bedroomed houses with some one-bedroomed flats and bungalows for older people.
There are regular trains to Manchester and West Yorkshire via Halifax. Good local bus service to Rochdale, Todmorden, Oldham and Manchester.
Littleborough and Shore also benefit from:
- A Co-op supermarket located in the village centre as well as local shops including a bakery and butchers. This neighbourhood is also close to local restaurants and pubs and Hollingworth Lake which offers leisure and water sport activities.
- Four local primary schools, including Roman Catholic and C of E. Hollingworth Academy and Wardle Academy make up the two local secondary schools.
- The local Job Centre is located at Fleece Street Rochdale.
Smallbridge is located in the Pennine Township.
The Neighbourhood consists of approximately 400 homes. The majority of homes in this area are made up of houses and bungalows.
The area features:
- The nearest train station is at Smithybridge.
- There are play areas located on Great Howarth and Stevenson Square.
- There are a range of shops on Stevenson Square.
- RBH has recently established the Smallbridge Pantry. The pantry provides low cost food to members of RBH.
- There is a public library on Stevenson Square.
- There are three primary schools that serve the area, Kentmere Academy, Hamer Community primary and Alice Ingham.
- The nearest secondary school is Wardle Academy, Birch Road. OL12 9RD
- The nearest GP is at Croft Shifa Health Centre, Belfield Road. OL16 2UY
- The nearest Job Centre is Rochdale Job Centre , 2 Fleece St. OL16 1LT
- RBH are building 39 new homes (The Cottons) on Great Howarth - a collection of one, two, three and four bedroom properties. They are under the tenure of ‘Rent to Buy’ or ‘Shared Ownership’
Smithybridge is located in the North East of Rochdale. The neighbourhood consists of approx. 7000 properties, 300 of which are owned by RBH. The majority of the homes in this area are made up of two and three bedroomed houses with a small number of one-bedroomed properties for older people.
There are trains running from Smithybridge Train Station to Manchester, Halifax, West Yorkshire and beyond. Bus routes to Rochdale, Milnrow, Littleborough and West Yorkshire are very frequent.
Smithybridge also benefits from:
- Hollingworth Lake which is nearby and is a popular attraction for locals offering pubs, dining, amusements arcades, fish & chips, water sports, leisure activities and a visitors centre.
- Lakeside Convenience Store which is the closest shop. There are more shops located in Milnrow and Littleborough.
- Trinity Medical Centre & Village Medical Centre close by in Littleborough.
- Smithybridge Junior School & Wardle Academy secondary which are the local schools in the area.
- The local Job Centre is located at Fleece Street Rochdale
Stansfield is located in the Pennine district of Rochdale and is fortunate to possess some of the most stunning countryside views within the borough.
Stansfield is one mile from Littleborough Railway Station. This provides easy access to Rochdale, Manchester and reaches out to East Lancashire and Leeds.
There is a regular bus service nearby that runs between Todmorden and Rochdale.
Stansfield also benefits from:
- A children’s play area located near Barnes Meadows on Stansfield.
- A general convenience store and hairdressers located on Drake Road.
- Asda and Morrisons supermarkets that are approx. one mile from Stansfield.
- Stansfield C of E primary school which is located on the estate.
- Five additional primary schools located within two miles of Stansfield.
- Wardle Academy that is located two miles from Stansfield.
- Hollingworth High school that is located 3.5 miles from Stansfield.
- Whitworth Community High School that is located four miles from Stansfield.
- The local Job Centre is located at Rochdale Town Centre.
The Cray & Firgrove are located in the Pennine district of Rochdale. The two neighbourhoods consist of approx 300 homes. The Cray has a higher concentration of bungalows and two and three-bed family housing. Firgrove has a mixture of bungalows, one-bed flats and a small number of larger family housing.
The neighbourhoods are on the main bus route to Rochdale town centre and within walking distance of tram links.
The Cray and Firgrove also benefit from:
- A local park nearby Newhey.
- Supermarkets such as Asda, Aldi, Iceland Foods, Morrisons and Co-op nearby. There are also lots of local shops in Milnrow.
- There are two primary schools located within the immediate vicinity of the Cray. Moorhouse Primary & Milnrow Parish School.
- Hollinworth secondary school is located a mile from the area and a further three secondary schools located 1.4 miles away.
- There is a Doctors and health centre located within the Cray and two other Doctors surgeries are located less than a mile away.
- The local Job Centre is located at Rochdale Town Centre.