Back in 2018, our tenant and employee members worked together to develop our "2028 vision" - for where we wanted to be in ten years' time. This vision is:
- Maximising the collective resources and expertise of our employees and tenants through strong mutual trust and confidence to deliver quality housing and associated services to customers across the borough of Rochdale.
- Creating an innovative and trusted brand known for being an exemplar in employees and tenants working together to deliver successful outcomes.
- RBH as a mutual anchor within the borough of Rochdale using its role as an employer, purchaser, and service deliverer to help build the local economy. A key part of this is making sure that we are a great partner – working together with Rochdale Council, other agencies, and community groups to make Rochdale a great place to grow up, grow a career, and grow older.
From that vision, we developed "Together" - our Corporate Strategy for 2018 to 2021. Our strategy sets out our priorities - what we do, how we do it, and what difference we are going to make.
As we tackled the challenges of the pandemic, our members voted at the Annual Members' Meeting in September 2020 to extend the period for our "Together" priorities for an additional year - so now it is time to plan what we want to achieve together from 2022 until 2025. It is also a chance to look at what we have achieved over the past three years and to look at the new challenges we face - such as building back better from COVID-19, making our homes zero carbon, delivering our Together with Tenants commitments, and most importantly making sure that our homes continue to be safe and secure.
Over the next few months, all our tenants and employees will have the opportunity to be part of a big conversation about our priorities for the years ahead. We have the opportunity to reflect on everything we have learned over the past three years and to review the values which were adopted by our members when we became an independent mutual society. This conversation will include:
- gathering information from our regular surveys, including our Annual Members' Survey, our Climate Survey for employees, and our monthly "STAR" telephone survey of our tenants
- opportunities to get involved in focus groups and "Let's Chat" events, and to feed back via our social media
- an open invitation to have your say, hosted on this website throughout the month of June
Nominations for our Representative Body elections also open in June - and our elected Representatives make the final decision on our priorities!
Our mutual makes us different. Our priorities are not drawn up behind closed doors in a back room, they are discussed openly with our tenants, our employees, and the wider community - and the final decision rests with our elected tenant and employee representatives.
Over the past year, in the most challenging circumstances, we've seen the benefits of our tenants and employees working together. We want to hear from you so that we can continue to make Rochdale Borough a great place to grow up, grow a career, and grow older.