Our Money Matters Team are available to assist you with benefit enquiries, money management and to provide advice and support when you need it most. 

Call 0800 027 7769 for helpEnquire Online

  • Attendance Allowance

    Attendance Allowance helps with extra costs if you have a disability severe enough that you need someone to help look after you and.  It does not cover mobility needs.

    You do not have to have someone caring for you to claim.

    If you have a carer, they could get Carers Allowance – see Carer’s Allowance

    See https://www.gov.uk/attendance-allowance for more information

  • Benefit Calculators & Budget Planning

    Our benefits calculator will help you find out what benefits you can claim. The calculator is free to use, and the details you provide are anonymous.

    Benefit calculator (entitledto.co.uk)

    For information on benefits, tax credits, Council Tax Reduction, Carer’s Allowance, Universal Credit and how your benefits may change if you start work. Money Helper has a free budget planner that puts you in control of your money.


  • Carer’s Allowance

    If you care for someone for at least 35 hours a week and they get certain benefits you may get Carer’s Allowance. You do not have to be related to, or live with the person you care for.

    Carer’s Allowance can change the other benefits that you and the person you care for get.

    For more information or to make a claim visit https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance

  • Council Tax Support

    Council Tax Support is a benefit to help people who are on a low income or claiming certain benefits to pay their Council Tax bill.

    To claim Council Tax Support by click here. For more information visit http://www.rochdale.gov.uk/counciltax

  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

    Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children may help with the extra costs of looking after a child who:

    • is under 16
    • has difficulties walking or needs much more looking after than a child of the same age who does not have a disability

    If you already get DLA and you are over 16, your claim might end. You will get a letter telling you when this will happen and how you can apply for Personal Independence Allowance (PIP) If the form is not returned, within four weeks, your claim for DLA will stop and you will not be allowed PIP.

    For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/dla-disability-living-allowance-benefit

  • Discretionary Crisis Fund (DCF)

    (The scheme is for people suffering hardship; it helps people buy essential household items after leaving care or prison, or if they have had to leave their own home due to domestic violence.

    The DCF is for people who are in a crisis and in need of emergency fuel or travel.

    Click here to apply for the discretionary housing fund.

  • Pension Credit

    Pension Credit is a benefit for people over State Pension age. It tops up your income if you are struggling to make ends meet.

    Pension Credit comes in 2 parts:

    Guarantee Credit tops up your weekly income to a guaranteed minimum level:

    Savings Credit is extra money if you've got some savings or your income is higher than the basic State Pension. It's for people who reached State Pension age before 6 April 2016.

    For more information visit https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/money-legal/benefits-entitlements/pension-credit/

  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

    To claim you must be aged 16 or over and have not reached state pension age.

    You must also have a health condition or disability where you:

    • have had difficulties with daily living and/or getting around for 3 months
    • expect these difficulties to continue for at least 9 months (unless you’re terminally ill with less than 6 months to live)

    You can get PIP whether you’re working or not.

    For more information about PIP, including how to claim, click here or https://www.gov.uk/pip

    If you need extra time to fill in the forms, contact the DWP.

  • Universal Credit (UC)

    (UC) is a working age benefit; it’s paid monthly in arrears to you. UC can also help towards paying your rent

    You must apply as a couple if you and your partner live together.

    Mixed age couples (where one party of the couple is over Pension Credit age and the other under that age) will also need to claim Universal Credit. Both parties of a couple will have to reach the Pension Credit qualifying age before they are entitled to Pension Credit and/or pension age Housing Benefit.

    PLEASE NOTE: You can apply for Housing Benefit and Pension Credit up to 17 weeks before you reach the qualifying age.

    UC does not include help towards Council Tax – see Council Tax Support

    For more information or to apply on-line visit:  https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit


    Get ready and make sure your claim goes smoothly!

    You will need:

    • A mobile phone number
    • An e-mail address
    • Your own bank account/building society account or Credit Union account

    You could be asked for the following documents:

    • Photo ID
    • Your Rent Costs
    • A copy of your tenancy agreement
    • Wages (pay slips) if you are working
    • Saving and investments
    • Information on health & family details

    The important bit...

    • UC Housing Costs are paid to you and not us. This means that you must pay your rent
    • You can pay your rent by Direct Debit or Standing Order it helps you to manage your money better. 

    Call 0800 027 7769 for helpEnquire Online

  • Under Occupancy Reduction (Bedroom Tax)

    Housing Benefit or Universal Credit is reduced by 14% for households who under occupy their home by one bedroom and by 25% for those who under occupy their home by two or more bedrooms. You will receive less benefit and need to pay more rent.

    For more information visit https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/under-occupation

    You may get help with a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP).

    For more information on DHP’s click here, or contact our Rents and Payments team on 0800 027 7769

For information on other Benefits, please visit https://www.gov.uk/