If you have any concerns about damp or mould in your home, please contact us so we can work together to find ways to resolve the issues you are experiencing.
Please report all cases of damp and mould in your home, as soon as you notice them. This can assist us to identify the cause sooner.
Once we identify the cause of the damp and mould, we will discuss with you what work needs to be completed and book in the appropriate tradespeople.
This work will be prioritised on a risk basis. If there are significant risks to you or your family's health we will seek to act within 24 hours. If this is not possible, we may need to arrange with you a temporary move to another property whilst the work is carried out.
What we will do
The steps we will take, after you have informed us of damp and mould include:
- Listen to you and take your report seriously
- Come out to inspect your home to find out what the cause is and what work might be required
- If needed, complete repair work to fix any structural or plumbing issues
- If needed, make improvements to the ventilation in your home (for example, installing extractor fans in your kitchen and bathroom)
- If needed, undertake mould treatment
- In the case of mould, the standard treatment involves an application of an anti mould spray to remove it. This is then followed by an application of an anti condensation coating, with a second layer if required. These applications each need to dry for the treatment to be effective.
- Contact you after 6, 12 and 18 months to confirm that the damp or mould has not returned.
Damp and mould advice leaflets
Damp And Mould Advice Leaflet
Urdu Leaflet Damp And Mould
Farsi Leaflet Damp And Mould
Wilgoć Kondensacja I Pleśń
Humidade Condensação E Bolor
The gallery below shows examples of mould, rising damp, penetrating dampness, and defective plumbing. If you notice any signs of these, please get in touch with us straight away.