An update from the RBH Chief Executive
Following the recent publication of the Government's "roadmap out of lockdown", I want to let you know when we plan to make changes to RBH services. Your health and wellbeing remains our top priority and we will only make changes where we can do so safely and in line with NHS guidelines. Our changes will mirror the Government guidance, and may be changed if Government advice changes.
- The latest RBH coronavirus information will always be available at www.rbh.org.uk/coronavirus
- Rochdale community hub support is still available - call 01706 923685 or text 07860 022 876
- The latest local guidance is available at www.rochdale.gov.uk/coronavirus
I know how important the repairs service is to all our tenants, and I want to provide some extra detail about how the team will resume work. I am grateful for your understanding and patience as we work to resume a significant backlog of work. At the start of the pandemic, we put in place clear guidelines to minimise risk, and these will remain in place. Our teams are also encouraged to regularly undertake FAST testing as part of their working week.
- Our teams will resume some non-urgent outdoor repairs from 29th March, and we will recommence all repair jobs from 12th April.
- If you have already reported your repair over the lockdown period, you do not need to contact us to rebook - we'll be in touch.
- You can check the status of your reported repair on our MyRBH portal. Visit www.myrbh.org.uk to sign up now if you are not already registered - it only takes a few moments.
Full details of upcoming changes to RBH services are listed below.
I remain extremely proud of how RBH tenants and employees have worked together over the past year to support our communities. Please continue to follow all NHS guidance and make sure that we continue to keep everyone safe.
Gareth Swarbrick - RBH Chief Executive
RBH Roadmap out of lockdown
The Government have announced their “roadmap out of lockdown” and we want to let you know when we are planning to make changes to RBH services and locations.
Our service changes will mirror the Government guidance, and may be subject to change if Government advice is changed.
Our latest Coronavirus updates are available at www.rbh.org.uk/coronavirus.
On 29th March
- We'll recommence some non-urgent outdoor repairs such as fencing and roof repairs.
- We'll restart our electrical inspection programme and our asbestos surveys.
- Communal gardens will fully reopen at our Independent Living Schemes, with social distancing in place.
- Our team members can meet up outside for team catch-ups whilst maintaining social distancing and the “rule of six”.
On 12th April
- We'll operate a full repairs service - we're very grateful for your patience and understanding as our teams work to clear the backlog of appointments and continue to work safely.
- The RBH Paint Shop will reopen.
- The hair salon at Hare Hill will reopen and hairdressers will be allowed in to our ILS schemes with appropriate safety measures in place.
On 17th May
- We'll reintroduce some home visits and face-to-face meetings, with social distancing in place, but only where it is safe and tenants are happy to do so.
- Indoor spaces such as the communal spaces in our Independent Living Schemes will reopen, in line with social distancing guidance.
- The pantry schemes will reopen fully with no requirement to queue outside.
- Visiting restrictions at Hare Hill, Independent Living Schemes, and College Bank will end.
- Reception at the Strand Hub will reopen.
On 21st June
- We'll resume home visits and in-person viewings, subject to the vaccine roll-out continuing on schedule.
- Community facilities and community bases can reopen for regular use.
- Our teams will be able to resume in-person meetings, in line with guidance.
- St Alban's House will remain closed as we develop plans to provide a service that is accessible for all residents of the Borough of Rochdale who need it.
Download the full roadmap
RBH Roadmap Out Of Lockdownrbh-roadmap-out-of-lockdown.pdf