Today (Friday 25th August) we're at the Freehold Annex for our August community drop-in. We hold our drop-ins here on the last Friday of every month - all tenants are welcome with no appointment needed.
The drop-ins are one of a number of changes we've made on Freehold to make sure we're providing safe and secure homes and great services for residents there.
- This year we have inspected over 300 Freehold homes and as a result over 200 mould treatments have been completed.
- Our Freehold taskforce are in the neighbourhood and speaking to residents every weekday, providing support and advice on damp and mould, the cost-of-living crisis, and much more.
- We have also appointed a dedicated Senior Neighbourhood Housing Officer, Jade, to provide the individual support that residents need.
- We're currently refurbishing our space in the Olney block to create a permanent new space to enable residents to meet with Jade and other members of the RBH team.
- We're also working with partners in the neighbourhood, and tomorrow (Saturday 26th August) we're hosting a neighbourhood policing surgery at the Freehold Annex.
- We’re also now holding monthly evening walkabouts with the police, Council, and other partners – our next walkabout is on Thursday 21st September.
- The RBH Paint Shop, located in Freehold, has returned to regular opening hours. Our paint is up to 85% cheaper than at retailers, as well as helping to prevent landfill.
- We have created a new community Facebook group as an additional method to communicate with residents and listen to their concerns.
If you are an RBH tenant and have any concerns about damp or mould in your home, please contact us so we can resolve the issues you are experiencing.
We run five monthly community drop-ins across the Borough, including the one at Freehold. We've got a dedicated website page about our drop-in sessions if you'd like to know more.